“My momma always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.‘” â€“ Forrest Gump
Forrest Gump’s mother was right when she compared life’s unpredictability to a box of chocolates. In the grand scheme of things, life can be unpredictable at times. But when it comes to selecting an EHR system for your medical practice, it doesn’t have to be. By conducting thorough research, you will uncover information about the EHR before you purchase it so you wonâ€™t be surprised when you take it out of its box for the first time.
Over the past few months, we’ve presented helpful hints that increase EHR search and implementation success:
- 3 Key Questions to Ask About an EHR’s Data Exchange Capabilities
- EHR Meaningful Use Workflow: How Will It Impact Your Specialty?
- The EHR Profitability Gap: The Financial Impact Varying Productivity Levels Will Have on Your Practice
- 10 Key Questions to Ask EHR Vendors
- EHR References: Sample Size, Specialty, and Provider Size
- 12 Crucial Questions to Ask EHR References
- The EHR RFP: 5 Critical Categories to Include
- 5 Essential EHR Usability Elements to Consider
An EHR doesn’t have to be like a box of chocolatesâ€”know exactly what you’re gonna get!